About The Video.
Making your Money work for you: a video from Citizens Advice. The video is a good starting point for the bigger subject of budgeting.
NOTE: There is a lot of crossover with my page on Cash Flow.
- Be ethical in all your dealings: It is my experience that moral principles are more easily applied to others than to ourselves. This is a mistake. Holding yourself to the same standards as others will not only help you to become a better person but will also stop you lying to yourself.
- Know yourself and don't criticise yourself: A realistic budget can only be achieved if it works for you not against you, so allowing for something that clashes directly with your beliefs, needs, desires, wants will not be sustainable.
- Be happy: It occurred to me whilst I was reviewing a video for this site that the term 'cabbage soup diet' has become a shorthand for unsustainable misery only useful in the short term. Budgeting needs to be the exact opposite. A good budget needs to allow for your happiness. If that means a 'treat' now-and-then, great don't deny it, build it in - Ars longa,vita brevis (“Art is long-lasting, life is short”).
Most spending is regular/predictable. Working in conjunction with the Cash Flow page you need to create a simple budget -
*This list will be the starting point for a Financial Diary an important 'working document'.
How Can We Help?
As a member of 469BCe.com, you will have, one-to-one help in budgeting.
If you need help email me now.
No-matter what the circumstances I or one of our group of advisors will be able to offer concrete advice and 'hands-on' help.
1. No specific advice can be given or implied.
2. James and 469BCe.COM are not authorised or approved for the direct selling of any financial products and/or services.
3. Other than membership to 469BCe.COM all of my services are free. I can, by your request, introduce you to professionals in the financial services industry and may at that point be paid an 'introducer fee'.
4. This page is aimed at people who just need help organising their money in an efficient way. It will not help people struggling with debt. If you are having problems with debt and cannot pay your monthly bills you must get help. Find a professional today do not wait. Putting things off will just make them worse. If you are stuck, email me and I will do my best to help you.