About The Video.
Making your Money work for you: a video from Citizens Advice. The video is a good starting point for the bigger subject of budgeting.
NOTE: There is a lot of crossover with my page on Cash Flow.
- Be ethical in all your dealings: It is my experience that moral principles are more easily applied to others than to ourselves. This is a mistake. Holding yourself to the same standards as others will not only help you to become a better person but will also stop you lying to yourself.
- Know yourself and don't criticise yourself: A realistic budget can only be achieved if it works for you not against you, so allowing for something that clashes directly with your beliefs, needs, desires, wants will not be sustainable.
- Be happy: It occurred to me whilst I was reviewing a video for this site that the term 'cabbage soup diet' has become a shorthand for unsustainable misery only useful in the short term. Budgeting needs to be the exact opposite. A good budget needs to allow for your happiness. If that means a 'treat' now-and-then, great don't deny it, build it in - Ars longa,vita brevis (“Art is long-lasting, life is short”).
Most spending is regular/predictable. Working in conjunction with the Cash Flow page you need to create a simple budget -
*This list will be the starting point for a Financial Diary an important 'working document'.
How Can I Help?
Follow up today with a Seize Control of Your Money Session:
I can help with your specific issues in a private 30 minute one-on-one session delivered live online via Zoom Video. £0.00.
Arrange a 'Personal Finance' online group workshop.
It's important to stress the difference between the principles involved in good financial planning that a Seize Control of Your Money session offers and the advice/sales of financial products, instruments or services of which we have no direct involvement.
1. No specific advice can be given or implied.
2. James and 469BCe.COM are not authorised or approved for the direct selling of any financial products and/or services.
3. Other than membership to 469BCe.COM all of my services are free. I can, by your request, introduce you to professionals in the financial services industry and may at that point be paid an 'introducer fee'.