Buying A House: Mortgage, Remortgage, Fees and Process.
About The Video.
Buying a house: Which? This video highlights -
NOTE: The video gives a reasonably timeless overview. It's worth remembering that specifics like costs, deposits and stamp duty were correct when the video was made but may be out of date today.
- Be patient: For most people house purchase is the biggest commitment of their lives. For most people moving to a new home is a stressful and time consuming event. For most people moving from house-to-house is impractical. SO DON'T RUSH. Take your time. Remember playwright William Congreve's warning about acting in haste and repenting at leisure.
- Become aware: Location is still a major consideration in any house purchase but knowledge of the 'market' is vital. The UK housing market is constantly changing, become a student, keep an open mind and spend time in the areas you are looking to purchase in.
- Be ethical in your dealings: When it comes to house purchase it seems like, everyone has a horror story. Treating people fairly is a two-way street. Your actions should be beyond reproach and if anyone you are dealing with acts otherwise, withdraw.
- Don't automatically accept or reject anything: Look at everything you can and remember the advertised price is often just a starting point. Pre-qualifying property without viewing may mean that you miss out on a hidden gem.
- Be happy: Buying a new home is an adventure. Treat it like a puzzle that has to be solved not a trial that has to be survived.
There are a few practical things to get done.
Prior to making an offer -
How Can We Help?
Follow up today with a Seize Control of Your Money Session:
A private 50 minute one-to-one education session delivered live online via Zoom Video - £67 per session.
It's important to stress the difference between the principles involved in good financial planning that a Seize Control of Your Money session offers and the advice/sales of financial products, instruments or services of which we have no direct involvement.
If you need direct help in getting a Mortgage or Remortgage email us and we can introduce you to a broker we trust.
1. No specific advice can be given or implied.
2. James and 469BCe.COM are not authorised or approved for the direct selling of any financial products and/or services.
3. All of my services are free. I can, by your request, introduce you to professionals in the financial services industry and may at that point be paid an 'introducer fee'.