Buying A House
About The Video.
Buying a house: Which? This video highlights -
NOTE: The video gives a reasonably timeless overview. It's worth remembering that specifics like costs, deposits and stamp duty were correct when the video was made but may be out of date today.
- Be patient: For most people house purchase is the biggest commitment of their lives. For most people moving to a new home is a stressful and time consuming event. For most people moving from house-to-house is impractical. SO DON'T RUSH. Take your time. Remember playwright William Congreve's warning about acting in haste and repenting at leisure.
- Become aware: Location is still a major consideration in any house purchase but knowledge of the 'market' is vital. The UK housing market is constantly changing, become a student, keep an open mind and spend time in the areas you are looking to purchase in.
- Be ethical in your dealings: When it comes to house purchase it seems like, everyone has a horror story. Treating people fairly is a two-way street. Your actions should be beyond reproach and if anyone you are dealing with acts otherwise, withdraw.
- Don't automatically accept or reject anything: Look at everything you can and remember the advertised price is often just a starting point. Pre-qualifying property without viewing may mean that you miss out on a hidden gem.
- Be happy: Buying a new home is an adventure. Treat it like a puzzle that has to be solved not a trial that has to be survived.
There are a few practical things to get done.
Prior to making an offer -
How Can We Help?
As a member of 469BCe.com, you will have, one-to-one help in your house purchase.
If you need help with your mortgage or finding a solicitor or buildings insurance email me today.
No-matter what the circumstances I or one of my group of advisors will be able to offer advice and 'hands-on' help.
1. No specific advice can be given or implied.
2. James and 469BCe.COM are not authorised or approved for the direct selling of any financial products and/or services.
3. All of my services are free. I can, by your request, introduce you to professionals in the financial services industry and may at that point be paid an 'introducer fee'.
BE ASSURED ALL OF OUR DEALINGS ARE UNDERTAKEN IN THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.