How To Avoid Personality Clashes
As Maverick said to Iceman it's not ability it's attitude.
About The Video.
Note: Safari users may have to click on the timeline icon to start the playback.
- Stay centred and focus on things you can control: In this context that means you; how you respond and how you act.
- Be patient: Increasingly the demands of life are so complicated everyone needs to relax and allow for the pressure we all feel.
- Keep calm: Pressure can be expressed as anger and aggression. The antidote to anger and aggression is calmness.
- Don't blame, take responsibility: Borrowing from the filmmaker Robert Evans the three truths to every story are; your truth, my truth and the truth. Accept responsibility when and where you are wrong.
- Don't harm: Where possible avoid arguing by ignoring provocation and controlling personal 'triggers'.
- Become aware: Everyone has a bad day and everyone has hot-buttons be aware of the former and avoid the latter..
- Respect everyone: No matter how peculiar their attitude or outlook everyone has a right to have their voice heard.
- Be truthful not hateful. Speak your truths consistently and without being combative or aggressive: As things get heated the truth is your best ally.
- Avoid belligerent people: Especially if there is any notion that things might get violent.
- Use your years of experience wisely: Corrupting an Italian proverb 'honey catches more flies than vinegar.'
- Don't allow your mind to create problems and give birth to monsters: Before you react badly, make sure you understand the situation completely.
- BE HAPPY: A smile will diffuse most heated situations.
Make a note of my 'Ten Practical Steps to Avoid Personality Clashes' and see how they tie in with you controlling your response to the world around you