Keeping An Open Mind
About The Audio.
Keeping an open mind in life and business is not only a prerequisite to being successful it brings with it the priceless gift of being accepted as a person of worth.
- Maintain balance in all things: The opinion of others, if listened to, can provide balance to our own thoughts.
- Accept life is a journey: What you understand today will not be what you understand tomorrow.
- Become aware: Others have a need to be heard and we all must be open to this.
- Respect everyone: All opinions no matter how lowly or misguided, we think them, have worth.
- Be truthful not hateful. Speak your truths consistently and without being combative or aggressive: Truth always triumphs.
- Listen to the truths of others without being combative: It is better to know what people are thinking rather than driving them away with a closed mind.
- Avoid belligerent people: Opinions expressed with hatred are worthless and they rarely come from a rational or mature mind.
- Be sceptical, there are personal and professional tricksters: What people say is not always what they think. A thief rarely comes to you wearing a mask and carrying a bag marked 'swag'.
- Don't automatically accept or reject anything. Investigate and test everything: Be your own person; check and double-check everything that you see and hear and then form your own opinions and beliefs.
- Use your years of experience wisely: Let your past inform your future. What you thought as a younger person, almost certainly, differs to what you think now. Allow for the possibility that what you think now will, almost certainly, not be what you think in the future.
- Make peace with yourself and everyone around you: Learn to be true to your beliefs whilst allowing for the beliefs of others.
- BE HAPPY: The peace that comes from living in harmony with others is success.
Mark Twain talked about how travel defeats prejudice, bigotry and narrow-minds.
Henry Threadgill on keeping an open mind.