How To Live in the Moment
About The Podcast.
Have you ever found yourself running an event in your life over and over again, looking for ways to have handled things better. Or looking to the future worrying about things that may never happen? In this podcast you will find this is not unusual and you are not alone.
- Stay centred and focus on things you can control: Starting with your mind and the thoughts you choose to dwell on.
- Seek out tranquility - through meditation: Contemplate, think, muse, consider, reflect, pray, whatever you want to call it, create time for yourself every day, choose something pleasurable to focus on and create stillness around you.
- Become aware: We do so many things on auto-pilot that we fail to recognise some of the simple joys in life. The mindfulness example that sticks out for me is the act of showering. A warm shower or bath should be a pleasurable thing that we can experience every day, but we often miss out on the pleasure because our mind is preoccupied with rehashing the past or planning the future. Next time just try enjoying the feel of the water and the relaxation it can bring.
- Don't allow your mind to create problems and give birth to monsters: Face the quarrel in front of you not one you create in your mind. Problems your mind creates are exquisite in that your mind knows exactly what you fear most and it delivers on that fear.
- Be happy: The fact that you are living in the moment means it's likely you still exist - 'you think, therefore you are' (apologies to Descartes).
Finding focus and using that focus to help the body rest and repair itself is a vital part of modern living. With our mind perceiving threats all around us we must find a way to find peace by understanding ourselves our mind and our place in the world.
Music, meditation and physical activity can all be used to relieve the stress of modern living, it is just a matter of choosing what suits you and creating a habit around its practice that you can depend on when you need it.
Email me today if you need help finding your moments.
How Can I Help?
Follow up today with an Introduction To Workplace Coaching Session: I can help with your specific issues in a private 50 minute one-on-one session delivered live online via Zoom Video.
£47 per session. BOOK NOW.
I like the simplicity of thought expressed in A A Milne creations Pooh and Piglet.