Long Term Care
Due to the fluid and emotive nature of long term care this page is under constant review and is only offered as guidance.
- Avoid becoming cynical: The importance of a positive mental attitude cannot be over-emphasised especially as people get older. An overall lack of cynicism will allow room for all sorts of positive emotions and the feeling of wellbeing that comes with hope.
- Embrace change especially that which comes from ageing: For some time the idea of 'growing old gracefully' has been hijacked by those who think that acting young, will in some way keep them young. Acting young is not the answer. Being. young in spirit comes from inside, from our understanding of where we fit into the ontological universe that we each inhabit.
- Take strength from everything you believe in: Spirituality, religion, or humanism whatever has grown in you over the years is the rock upon which you stand.
- Use your years of experience wisely: I believe wisdom is a product of knowledge and experience. Sensitively expressed wisdom can be a great aid to you and those around you.
- Make peace with yourself and everyone around you: Youth often traps us into a competitive cycle of being successful. As life moves on more important things are uncovered and the importance of harmony is revealed.
- Be happy: Omar Khayyam advises that we enjoy each moment because that moment is our life.
The cost of self-funding long term care in the UK will take your breath away. In their last year (2020) one of my elderly relatives paid up to £900 per week for their care home fees. It did not stop there. Things like podiatry, hair dressing, dental work, travelling to hospital appointments even the daily newspaper is extra. So find out for yourself, knowing will help you prepare.
How Can I Help?
Follow up today with a Seize Control of Your Money Session:
I can help with your specific issues in a private 30 minute one-on-one session delivered live online via Zoom Video. £0.00.
It's important to stress the difference between the principles involved in good financial planning that a Seize Control of Your Money session offers and the advice/sale of selected financial products, instruments or services of which we have no direct involvement.