About The Video.
I got help to get out of debt: A video from the Citizens Advice highlighting -
- Keep calm: Emotions are not truths, they express your mood. They are not logical or dependable.
- Look for peace through meditation: Mindfulness has a proven scientific base. Find out how it can help you.
- Don't allow your mind to create monsters: Thoughts are not truths they are just thoughts. Left to their own devices negative thoughts can spiral out of control very quickly, you start with an issue and end up with hundreds of problems. Don't accept a thought as a truth.
- Don't criticise yourself: You are a valuable human being and you deserve respect from yourself and others.
- Rest when you need rest: Without rest you cannot perform. When tired you cannot deal correctly with the issues that confront you.
- Be happy: Even in the face of problems there will be moments of joy. Grab these and be happy.
At the risk of spoiling a good cliche, there are 3 rules of debt management -